Friday, December 12, 2014

Recap: Happy Birthday to ME!:)

       Hello world!!! Im 19 now! Yippee!!! 
  Oh and so is Elder Simmons:) 
Our birthday was actually November 8th, so as you can tell Im a little behind... better late than never right?
        One of the best birthday presents I recieved was a video that from Preston in Chile wishing me a Happy Birthday!  It was so fun to see him and hear him and get a small taste of that hilarious sense of humor that I miss so much! 

        For our birthday, I didnt want to be stuck in Rexburg (no offense:) so my friend Austin and I took a road trip to Roseleaf Academy for a long weekend where we met my family to PARTAY!

      On friday, Austin and I went to temple square and preformed baptisms for the dead at the GORGEOUS SLC Temple!  Then we got a tour of the conference center!  This was probably my favorite part.  The tour guide told us some wonderful stories that really made me feel the spirit and increased my testimony of how the Salt Lake Valley is truly and inspired place!

      We just HAPPENED to get lost and just HAPPENED to run into the famous WAFFLE LOVE truck.  I had to get a picture!!! 

Woke up on Saturday (birthday morning) to this wonderful shrine that Laurel and Camille set up of Preston and I! They sacraficed their beauty sleep and woke up at 5am to set it up! They are seriously the BEST!

      Later in the day Austin, Mama, and I went hiking to Donut Falls.  And yes, we found snow:)
On the way up the mountain we jumped from rock to rock like my favorite childhood game- Hot Lava, skipped, danced, and laughed.  It was sooooo much fun seeing my mama again:)

It was also pretty freeeeezzzziiinnnggg! Hiking up to the falls was quite and experience.  The rocks were covered in ice, and as an independent 19 year old I refused to be helped!!!


That night my parents, Austin and I all went out to dinner for.....SUSHI! My favorite! Then we went to the local Desert Star Playhouse and saw Dracula.  It was a fantastic weekend! 


Happy Birthday to Me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment