Saturday, February 22, 2014
Well... I finally went to a school dance & let just say it was an "experience."
It was a very snowy day. We started off making corsages and boutonnières at the other Paige's house. Plus we ate pancakes> YUM!
My creation^^^ not the best but hey, 7$ sure beats 20$!
The corsage Andy made^^ Aside from its fragileness, it was GORGEOUS! I was very impressed!
Then I went to get my hair done:) And the rest of the day ( at the family history event) I tried to not ruin it. It was actually kinda stressing me out, but I'm easily stressable.< I don't think that's a word:)
We had brief pictures as we were all very eager to eat!
Preston and Cassidy
Dinner at the Japanese Steak house really hit the spot! Not only was it DELICIOUS but it was also ENTERTAINING.
Andy kept saying he doesn't look good smiling (which I beg to differ) so we had to take a funny one:)
And then these two^^^ Love you guys! It was a great night.
Now the reason I say it was an "experience" was because of the dance:
1. It was in a ballroom like the ones dance conventions are held in. I was grateful for this because it was roomy (besides the mob in the middle, you know what I'm talking about). Because of the setting I felt like I should bust out some lyrical or hip hop, for old times sake:)
2. The crowd was very interesting. I would've been completely content just people watching.
My observations were:
- There is the mob in the middle which if you look at too long your eye sockets will shrivel up and burn. Just kidding, I just wouldn't want to be a participant.
- There are the "in love" couples who slow dances to every song (so that is, slow danced to dub step. Whatever floats your boat :)
- And then the AWESOMLEY COOL PEOPLE who don't give a care. Preston was the BEST EVER to dance with. His moves were hilarious, and he even made up a few of his own! Just envision "Singles Ward" status.