Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Barbie Battle

   WOW its been a while!  We only have one more week of school left and two until we graduate!!!
It is so CRAZY!  I don't feel that old and I honestly have mixed emotions about graduating!
                - I'm ready to move onto bigger and better things like... College BYU-I and my MISSION!
                - But I will desperately miss my FAMILY!

Last weekend I applied to 15 jobs in Utah and Ive applied to a few here in Boise.
        Its crazy that I don't really have a plan of what im doing yet.  I guess I'll go where the wind blows:)

I got some more sr pics from my gorgeous friend Quince and so did Preston!!





We are also doing a poetry unit in English and I wanted to share one of my poems with you:) ( WARNING: It doesn't rhyme :)

A Barbie Battle
 
This world we live
in is a Barbie battle.
A battle between
the ideal and real.  A place
where ten year olds are afraid
of becoming fat and eleven million
people suffer from eating
disorders.  With every advertisement
it is as if society is forcing a gun
to your head demanding
you to change.  A physical,
mental and emotional struggle between life
and death.
But we are so much more than that.
We are blessed
with a body that we can use
for good.  We can
help others, go for a jog, stand up
for what we believe is right, have
a barbeque, and laugh,
all because we have a body.
You are capable of so much
more than looking hot.
 
 
Go follow @beauty_redefined on Instagram.  Those days when you just cant help but compare yourself to others, their feed can bring you back to that eternal perspective and the truth-  
My favorite scripture of ALL TIME is 1 Sam 16:7
"But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance , but the Lord looketh on the heart."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment