Sunday, October 5, 2014

Recap week 2 college

       Isn't technology great?  I think so... We can stay connected in such a simple way.  It is a little sad though that physical written letters have become so ancient. Im considering buying some stamps and envelopes to start mailing letters.  Who's with me???   Its sooooo fun to get mail and it would make life just that much better.  

Guess what??? Preston is NOW in the mission field! EEEEKKKK! I cant wait to hear about all of his amazing experiences in Chile:)


Week two of college:

Sunday: I learned that the reason for the stereotype of BYU- I DO can be blamed on the leaders.  They talk about marriage soooo much and tell us every sunday that our eternal companion is on this campus somewhere. Ummmm you don't know!!! Maybe they aren't. Not trying to be mean, but it just freaks me out when they say that. Especially after my traumatic dates. 

Monday: My math class is SOOOO Hard! I keep telling people all i want is a C- to pass the class, and they laugh at me.  Little do they know i am dead serious because it is the Hardest class of my life!!! I decided to drop one of my three credit classes.  It was a personal decision, one that may not logically make sense to many but i need to do whats best for me. My parents want me to be able to get the whole college experience and not be too stressed with school.
I pushed myself through my tiredness to work out and get some laundry done.  Then we met our FHE groups and i have the BEST GROUP EVER!! Its gonna be a blast!  Then the same kind kids as last week took me to the grocery store and made sure i was home by 9:30pm. Haha! I know I'm weird- and totally not a typical college kid. But hey, I like being unique.   

Tuesday: Elder Holland came for devotional!!! It was pretty much the best day ever because he is my favorite!!! We were breathing the same air!!! Can you believe it! haha! Im joking... but not really;) His talk was all on happiness and it was honestly exactly what i needed to hear. 

 I felt like it was for me. He emphasized that happiness is a choice.  Even if your not happy 24/7, which pretty much no one is, you must still do the things that happy people do and walk the path that a happy person walks.  Then your happiness will become a reality and you will find those moments of immense joy when you least expect it:)
   Look it up!!! It was AMAZING! 

Went to the temple with my new best friend Annie.  I love her soo much! We get along super well!  After the temple i was struggling a little because i was exhausted and felt my energy going way down, plus i was stressed about all of the homework i needed to get done and its way harder to do when im falling asleep... so her friend zac gave me a blessing.  I know without a doubt it was a message directly from God that i needed to hear.  The rest of the day i had so much energy- honestly it was a miracle. And guess what else??? I ENJOYED doing my homework!!!! Can you believe it- i ENJOYED IT! I love how in all of my classes we talk about religion. If anyone has some spare time for reading let me know, i have a great article from class i could forward you:)

Wednesday: Have i told you about my favorite place on campus??? I honestly don't remember what i wrote last week so sorry if I'm repeating myself but... It in the Manwaring Center or MC for short.  There are some tall tables next to a cafe that smells like burnt toast (i love that smell:) I love it because its a place i can sit and have "me time" writing.  In the background is the best soundtrack playing at all times. I don't know whose playlist it is but it is identical to my music taste.  Its pretty much my i pod. 

Thursday: Mom sent me some pics in the mail and a little note<3 now i have some decorations:) Haha! Did I mention my room is sad because it lacks and personality? Turned down a creepy 25 year old that asked me on a date. Maybe, just MAYBE if he wasn't creepy I would've  gone out with him but... thats 7 years older than me:/ YIKES. 

Friday: After class i went on a date bridge jumping with Aaron in the the coldest river EVER!!! 

It was only 20 feet high and everyone was freaking out so i ended up being the first girl to jump.  While we waited for the others to muster up the courage he taught me how to skip a rock and i DID IT! This is a big accomplishment! - 4 skips people! 

Afterward he convinced me to make him dinner and he built my lamp shelf that my mom bought me:) After dinner we went puddle hopping in the lightning storm which was magical!!! That was my favorite part! I love magical activities that remind me of being a kid. Then we heard some loud music and followed it to a party across the street.  We arrived at the end but we did get glow stick glasses a free box of pizza so it was worth it:) 

The second best part of the night was he respected my bed time and i was home by 9pm! YES! haha! 

Saturday: Went on a date with an Italian dude named Stefano.  We played laser tag which I'm  not really into... I feel like a weirdo when I'm playing, but i acted like i had fun. hah!  He kept asking me these very deep questions all night which was a little odd but he was fun to talk to.  Sometimes he wouldn't know the word he was trying to say.  Haha.  Anyways We went to Sammy's to get shakes afterwards- i got water:)  I didn't get home until 11:15pm but according to my counselor its very important to wake up at the same time every day so.. I woke up at 6:30am this morning.

There is soooo much i left out from this week. I wish i could tell you every single detail. 

Well im off to church. Did i tell you my calling is to teach Sunday school??? Yeah, how intimidating is that??? I teach TODAY! Ahhhhh! I'll let you know how it goes.

One more thing. Round two of lake powell was last week and Kelsey convinced grandpa to SKI AND WAKEBOARD!! My grandparents are freaking awesome!!! 

XOXO-Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment