Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Snippet of the Past

 

 

 

 

 
      Today, in order to complete my college admission essay (AHHH! BYU's application comes out in 5 days) I had to review some journal entries.
First and Favorite journal EVER!
 
If you know anything about how I write, reviewing it was a chore!! It took me FOREVER to find the information I wanted because I tend to write every detail:)
 Nifty little pockets.
 
      I did however, get to read some "snippets of the past" that are second most enjoyable activity next to watching Family Home Videos:
And stickers! As you can see I didn't use to many of those.
 

Here are two entries from my very first journal:
(FYI I am typing EVERYTHING as it was written in my original journal entry.. and yes I was horrible at spelling:)
*=my comments now

my attempt at drawing the church pulpit:)
"April, 23 2006
      Today was Stake Confrence. after I had a cheese tortilla.     *Funny stuff, because I still have a habit of writing down what I eat* After that I went up to my room where I found a C.D. called Totally Hits 2. I went to #5 and its a great song. hears some of it:..."
I kept an old program from church of when my Daddy was Bishop. A PIECE OF HISTORY!
 

*Then I proceeded to write down all of the lyrics to the song and try to figure out a way to write the tune... I was interesting. 

 

" THIS SONG IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT MY PARENTS. I NEVER WANT TO LOSE THEM ESPECIALLY MY MOMMY!!!!! I love them they do so much for me"


* Haha! Sorry Papa:) I LOVE YOU<3 This was a common theme as well in my entries: all caps, multiple pages of how much I LOVE my FAMILY. Still do!!

Also found the 4 pages filled with cursive articles of faith. Quite illegible!

Second Entry:

"Nov, 19 2006
       3 boys got their egal (*that's suppose to say eagle... told ya I was bad at spelling.) scout badge thingie. A real eagal came. it was so huge. it was a girl. A guy talked about her and the eagel scout boys got to get a picture with it. IT WAS SO TOTALLY WICKED AWESOME! * anyone recognize that quote. Incredibles?* p.s. it takes five years for its feathers to turn white on the head"

Oh and lookie what I found>>>
Miss those simple Highland Days:) Paige's first grade fashion PARTY!












Hope you guys are alright with your childhood pic being on here. No worries! No one reads I anyways:)


No comments:

Post a Comment