Monday, October 7, 2013

Conference Weekend!


      Saturday, October 5, Mom and I started off the day with a 7:30 hot yoga sesh!! LOVE IT! We were back in time to make gluten free pumpkin waffles, ALSO LOVE, and tune into the first session of LDS General Conference.

 
 
Father being a HAM for the CAM:)Hope your ok I posted this dad.. No worries, your pretty much the only one who reads this blog anyways!
 
My project while listening to the Prophets.
 
 
 
And I found this adorable picture of Kelsey and Preston! Makes me wanna watch some Family Videos. Anyone know how to convert tapes 2 dvds?
 
Yes, 15 million members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! AMAZING:)
Approximately: 30,383 Elder and Sister missionaries serving
 
Cd and Ollie boy.
 
 
Preston took some great notes! Wish I had been that diligent:( I plan to reread and analyze the talks.
 
In between the first and second day 1 session I made these nasty cookies for my neighbors who helped me with my special project. Later I discovered I had used gluten free flour instead...Whoops:)
 
Later: We celebrated Jamie's Birthday!
 
She invited some of us to go see a drive in movie.
 
It took us about 30 min to get a decent pic. I fell asleep only 10 minutes into the movie. Not used to late night partys:)
 
General Conference Part 2

Dad making me a shake
 
 
 The many snacks of general conference:
Muddy Buddies

Popcorn
 

Biggest bag of popcorn EVER!

Pumpkin squares
 
Banana muffins... & gluten free too!
Cd wanted me to take a pic of him with his mac and cheese:) Ha!
 
 Momma making Halloween goody bags for cousins.
 

Cd playing with cars.
 
 
My final product. Just wait and see what I plan to do with it next:)

Finished my project:) This isn't it... you'll see later. Patience is a virtue.
 

We have a Cyclopes Halloween cat
 
Ollie's afraid of it.
 
Our Halloween staircase.
 
Conference part 2 project. Made some adorable hair bows. Thanks for the idea Morgs:)
 
We then prepared sweet pork tacos for family dinner with Uncle Shawn and Darrin's Fam! We ate, watched football, jumped on the tramp and played Life( a tradition when my cousins come over)


We also played this really hard shoulder flexibility game that the Adam's Family (no pun intended) taught us.

 
Highlights from CONF:
1. Keep the Commandments sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir ( I liked the part that said "We are his children :)
2. Elder Uchtdorf's talk: Responses to when people ask why we do what we do in our church
3. D Todd Christopherson: Women's moral significance
4. MY FAVORITE TALK: Elder Holland- He talked about my IDOL Stephanie Nielson. SO INSPIRING!!
 
Online talks audio and video are available and printable come out in a couple of days. They are English speaking & translated into 56 other languages.
 
 
The Church is so TRUE:)
 
" Whether it is the BEST of times or the WORST of times. HE IS WITH US." -President Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment