Tuesday, October 1, 2013

THE news...

      SO I'm guessing you've heard the news of the government "shut down" due to budget disagreements.  Ya, I wouldn't know ANY of this if it weren't for my lovely government teacher. Thanks Corbett!

   Here are four impacts I've already heard of, but don't hold me against it if my facts aren't 100% correct, sorry:
 
1. A census website my sociology teacher was trying to access is not working because it is a government owned site
 
2. A lot of people have lost their jobs, well put on mandatory leave without pay or it will be obtained in the future. This is devastating!
 
3. The Statue of Liberty is " shut down." It isn't a tourist attraction site anymore
 
4. Two women went missing in the forest. One was found dead and the search for the other had to be called off due to this government crisis. Wish I knew more info, I'll have to read up.

     I didn't actually think this government "shut down" would happen but to me, it displays that the end is that much nearer. Its all a part of a plan because God has total and complete control over our lives and our countries history. I know this to be TRUE!:)


      This week: will be a hectic one-
- babysitting
- my very first dance class in a year in a half TOMORROW!!! SO EXCITED!
- mutual FIREside, like literally a fireside around a fire:)
- tutoring
- temple
- mission farewell open house
- canning peaches! I HOPE!
- Math test which I'm dreading
- last but not least....
GENERAL CONFERENCE! Yay! Finally I'll get some relaxation and reassurance in there. Cant wait!
I'm also working on two, maybe three, special projects! Cant wait to share them:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment