Monday, September 9, 2013

Paige's Creation

      I finally did it! I invented my very own gluten free, dairy free and "sugar free" treat recipe.
I say "sugar free" because it still does have some, but its definitely not like a cookie or brownie. Anyways, this was totally unexpected!
Keep Mixing!
I thought I would fail and I planned out this whole post I would write about my nasty recipe. Ok its not to die for but if you are gluten, sugar or dairy free and are dying for a treat I hope it will suffice.
Still Keep Mixing, the xylitol isn't dissolved quite yet:)
Plus it has my favorite food in it- PEANUTBUTTER! I hope someone finds it enjoyable besides just me:)
      All approximations because it was an experimental trial:

Paige's Peanut Butter Chex Mix Creation:
  • 1/2 c. Xylitol (this is a replacement for sugar and supposedly your body doesn't recognize its sugar:)
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1/2 c. natural peanut butter (chunky or creamy. I use creamy)
  • 3 T. honey
  • 2 T. coconut oil
  • 1 t. baking soda
Meanwhile, Christian was being bribed to eat tomatoes, which he hates for a donut.
Start off melting the xylitol alone while constantly stirring in a small pot on the stove. After a couple minutes add remaining liquidish ingredients (all listed above besides xylitol which you already added, and baking soda)
He did eat one! For a 1/2 of a donut.GO CD!
 
 Stir for a few minutes until xylitol looks as if it is dissolving. Then add the baking soda and it is supposed to FOAM UP. (not sure, I didn't do that but that is what my Mother advised afterwards.) Stir for a few minutes until all are combined, dissolved and melted.

The result

Pour your liquid mixture over some sort of chex creation. I used:
  • 1-2 c. Corn Chex
  • 1-2 c. Plain Cheerios
  • 1/2 c. pecan halves
  • 1/2 c. coconut flakes
  • broken gluten free pretzles
Coat cereal with liquid mixture then place on wax paper and let it dry. I hope yours turned out!! I also hope this recipe makes sense:)
ENJOY!!
By the end of the day...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment