Saturday, August 24, 2013

Busy Bees

      I thought when I came home from working this summer I would have a week of lounging, relaxing, and a little boredom mixed in there. That's not the case at all, but it has been better. Crazy,
 but better:)
      
On Wednesday August 21 my mom, siblings, and I met our new found friend Austin at Hillcrest Country Club. We met the week of Powell and I guess he missed us so much he just had to drive 9 hours + a flat tire to get to Boise:) I can't say I'd do that for a friend. Sorry guys!
     We swam and ate dinner, then swam some more as we boated with the youth for mutual. I am very surprised I went on the tube because I am a very motion sick person but... I couldn't resist Luke's adorable little face!
He pretty much star fished it and I had a sliver of tube to try to keep myself on, but it worked out in the end. After, we all talked and hung out on the beach.
 
 
     August 22, Friday, we packed in the activities. It felt surreal that Austin was here hanging out with us. My parents left for their anniversary weekend and the partying began... Just kiddin Im not a party animal:) Workin on it though! First, Austin, Preston, Tanner and I went to the aquarium.
 There was a giant Iguana there that is just left out in the open for everyone to pester. It looked deformed... poor thing!


They let you touch almost everything there. The sting rays came right to the surface, like they wanted to be petted:)
 
Example: we could touch ALMOST everything:) Typical.
 
Moon Jelly Fish. If I were I sea creature this is what I would be:)
 
Sharks!
 
Umm... not quite sure what's goin on here?
 
Or here.
 
Preston decided to take pictures of the birds in the bird cage. It was only after that he realized that he was taking a pic of a bird feeder, not a bird. Ha! It was funny but at least he has an excuse (Legally Blind Bro)
 
We ate lunch at my new favorite place- Noodles and Company. Well it still doesn't beat Café Rio. Preston of course had to get the 1000+ calorie meal:) Shhh! Don't tell Momma.
 
 
 
On to the next activity. Shooting! This was my first time ever. Well, besides a BB Gun.
 
Andy got a little bored of the clay pigeons so decided to go all out on his shoe! Ha! It was hilarious!
 
Preston focusing. He actually hit multiple clay pigeons(and if you know anyone with his vision, that's a huge accomplishment. So proud of you P-dog!) The scope helped a lot!
 
Gorg!:)
 
After shooting we went to the 9:50pm movie- NoW yOu SeE mE. First, Andy needed a shoe that would actually stay on his foot... so we got creative. It was a pretty good movie. I was a little zoned out though. In order to get home without the driver (me) falling asleep at the wheel Cd had to blast the AC.
 
As we were heading to bed about 1am I realized the temple hours Friday morning are only 6am-11am. So we held a "Family Meeting"
 and agreed that we would wake up at 6am and pack the day full of activities!
 
The temple was great like always. It doesn't matter if your going through a trial or perfectly content with your life, you can always find a spirit of peace and comfort when attending the temple.
 
We had a quick breakfast at Kneaders, I dropped the boys off at the gym and went to Pilates, then we headed to Jump Time. 
A little coaching
 
 
Preston or as I call him, P- dog
 
Cd got stuck between the blow ups
 
 Foam Pit Temporarily Closed: He likes to live on the edge
 
Parakeet
 
After Jump Time we made the long confusing drive to the Caldwell Wake Cable Park. Christian and Austin rode and Preston and I watched. If your a dare devil wake boarder I would recommend checking it out!
 
We were so worn out from our endless fun we took a two hour nap. Well, the boys fell asleep, meanwhile the phone was ringing on the hook so I ran back and forth. Tanner came over to go to the river with the guys but ended up watching them sleep and took this amazing
pic of Preston:)
 
 
Later they went to the river and I made a failed attempt at chocolate chip banana muffins.
Screenshotted from Preston's phone
 
Today was our last day hanging out with Austin. We went to the senior seminary video making project, then the boys went to the gutter and I watched Cd in his game ( He is the stud- #11)
Such fun times this last week of summer:( I'm sad its over!) Senior Year Here I Come.
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment