Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Recap: Part 2

      Well, after twenty one days at Grandma and Grandpa's house making $1,660 for college... Ya Baby, I headed to Pocatello for my Grandma and Step Grandpa Marv's mission Farewell. They are now in the Marshal Islands (only 400ft wide!) I know they are an answer to many peoples prayers and will be blessed for their service!
First Reunited: Paige (me) and Preston (twin bro)
 
Preston, Christian and Paige
 
      Next, almost all of my Mothers seven siblings and their children headed to Downey, Idaho for a fabulous camping reunion. The campsites are located at Downata Springs, that's pronounced "down at a spring". Get it? I say if ya wanna get to know someone well take them camping:) It was such a BLAST! Us cousins caught up and reconnected like we were "young" again. It was as if we had never been apart. We swam, hiked, ate, read, wrote, talked, played sports, took pictures, watched movies and more.
Beautiful Cousin Brooklyn
 
 
SWIMMING! Preston, Paige, Christian, Matt, Madi
 
      Our last day we spent at the lake Oneida. I'm spoiled and boat all of the time, so I then let the cousins take over. By the way, I think I'm up to 34 cousins on my Mommy's side. We're getting there:) I spent my time with my dad and doggie Oliver. We talked with the adults, ate, took Ollie on a knee board ride and learned a little about the history of the lake. We also had to reprimand my cousin Troy (age 6). He walked up near the outhouse, pulled down his shorts for everyone to see and "went" on the cement. You've gotta hand it to him for finding the general direction of the bathroom. That day he learned a valuable lesson... how to work a port-a-potty. ( is that how its spelled?)
Brooklyn, Grandma Allen/ Robison, Step Gpa Marv, Christian
 
 
Kelsey and Christian: the expert wake boarders of the Fam:)
 
      As the day went on I knew a storm would be rolling in and felt like it was time to pack up. Preston and I started and I kid you not, two minutes later it started pouring down rain, like taking a shower! That's how we felt after. We had to gather all of the food, coolers, towels, and bags, plus load the boats and cover them. We were running through the rain and wind like a scene from a movie. As mom tried to climb down form snapping the cover on the boat, her shoe fell off. So dad came to the rescue and running, piggy backed her to the car as we followed behind.

      Aunt Annie followed us out on the shorter road but as we continued down the highway, she was no where to be found. All of us in Moms car headed back to find Annie and of course she is parked on the side of the road with a flat. Oh its still raining:) Luckily Uncle Darrin and Shawn come to the rescue and the older boys hop out to learn a thing or two. After jacking up the car they were having difficulties getting the spare out from underneath. Suddenly, the jack breaks through the asphalt and the car comes crashing down on Preston's leg, taking a chunk of skin with it. Lovely day eh???
      After that disaster we came back to the campsite to find open tent windows and sopping, soggy sleeping bags. Yay! Lets just say it was a memorable reunion:)

  
Some of the boys: Christian, Matt, and Luke
 
 
 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment