Saturday, August 17, 2013

wwwhite wwwater rrrafting

      Rafting the South Fork of the Payette River was a great time, despite the early wake up call and fffreezing water!!! Dad, Mom, cousin Shandon, Christian, our guide Dusty and I were all in a raft. Then Preston and his friend Tanner were with some MassMutual employees of Dads. The rapids weren't even close to as crazy as I was imagining, or as the pictures make them look. They were class 3 and 4 but I was imagining us flying through the air barely able to stay in the raft. Kinda like tubing with Dad driving the boat!
Paige, Shandon, Christian
 
Paige, Shandon, Christian, Preston and Tanner
      At our first stop there were some natural hot springs to sit in which was a nice contrast to the river water as well as the chilled air. At that point Preston did lost a contact  so he was pretty much rafting blind. Seriously!! After lunch we stopped at a place to cliff jump and as I watched the others I thought back to my " Roseleaf Academy" (summer work)  times and all that I learned from Aunt Laurel. YOLO:) Haha! It was fffreezing!!! But I don't regret it AT ALL!

 
Preston and Tanners Raft
 
 
 
 
Our Raft
 
      Going over the mini waterfalls was way fun! It makes your stomach jump as you are suspended in the air for a moment and then crashed into the next wave. Dad did fall on me one of those times but no worries, I got him back. I am very surprised and grateful though, that we didn't eject anyone from our raft like others on our trip experienced. One of the coolest rapids we went on was called Trash Can. You paddle upstream and the front of the raft gets sucked into the water as the back flies up into the air. I had Dad in front of me which was much nicer to body slam than Christian would've been:) It was a great time and actually an activity I wouldn't have expected I would enjoy. After rafting we went out to Asian food at RICE! Thanks for such and AWESOME day Daddy!

 

 

 

 
CE! Thanks for such an AWESOME day Daddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment