Sunday, August 18, 2013

summer recap: Part 1

      Well, we have 8 days left of summer and its been my favorite one yet!!! So, here is a recap...
      Week one didn't really feel like summer. I was studying at Hunington for the ACT on June 8 and doing physical therapy everyday. My mother did however plan some fun things for us to do. One day I took my brothers to the temple and afterward we went to the family history center for an hour. Also toward the end of the week after tutoring Mom and I went out to dinner at some Himalayan restaurant. After we caught a late movie, and I mean LATE! We saw the Host with my brother and his friend and weren't home till about one thirty. If you know me at all, you know that I like my sleep, so this was a stretch for me. It was so worth it!
 
      Once the very stressful ACT was OVER I left to Grace Idaho to work for the month of June at my grandparents house. We first made a stop at the Simmons Family Farm where Great Grandpa (101 years old) recounted many memories of growing up in Burley.
Simmons Family Farm
 
Great Grandpa
 
      While in Grace I made meals, cleaned, took care of Great Grandpa C.d, planted all of their flowers, layed mulch, learned to golf, took care of the cousins one weekend, took grandma to therapy and tried to do as much possible to help her not be in pain. ** My Grandma Linda had reconstructive shoulder surgery after a snow machine accident. I have NEVER heard her complain once! She is such an inspiring woman!**
Physical Therapy
 
Grandma golfing with her sling. There isn't anything she cant do!!
 
Yard work: I became very sore.
 
I forgot my tennie so did all of my work in flip flops! I still have dirt stuck in my toenails! Just kiddin:)
 
Taking care of cousins: there is a butterfly in there, I promise.
 
I like to call him Noisemaker
 
My golf lesson was... interesting! But I did successfully hit the ball! Whoo hoo!
 
 

      I reunited with my friend Trissa and we enjoyed the beauty of Grace by going on morning hikes! The pictures don't even compare to how gorgeous this place is!

 

 
I will never forget my experiences in Grace and how I was able to bond with my family!! I learned so much about them. Their likes and dislikes, their past, and their love for me:) I love you Grandma, Grandpa, and Great Grandpa Simmons!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment